Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The importance of taking a nap



Naps. One of my favorite times of the day. Along with watching those nervous birds, running around my place, attacking the fluffs scattered all around and finding new and mischievous things to do. There are so many things!
As humans, you must understand, naps are very important for all cats. But for me, they are a time of reflecting and relaxing. It is a time to be pensive and to perfect the technique of purring.

When I take a nap, I like to curl up on the bed and bury myself under the pillows. It is so nice a soft there. And there is a scent of my humans there. That is very comforting.

Or, I like to stretch out on the windowsill, amongst the plants in a patch of sunlight. The sun hits my turned up belly; That makes me so, so sleepy.

But the best place - ever- to have a nap is with my nose firmly placed in a running shoe, where I can sniff the ripe smell of old socks.

Yes, we take a lot of naps. Next time you see a cat taking a nap, please remember they are working on purrfecting their purring techniques so we can purr faster, deeper and more often for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment