Thursday, June 25, 2009

My adventure on the way to the Vet

I had an interesting experience the other day. I needed to go to the vet. A few days ago I went, for the very first time. The vet is another human who specializes in poking and prodding cats like me.

For me, the trip to the vet was quite an ordeal. It was the first time I left the safety of my new home. My female human was sweet. She put a little pillow in the box, then my toy. Then, she pushed me in. At first I was insulted, then I got a bit scared. Why did she put me in this box! Where were we going. Was I coming back. But, she kept talking to me and that was soothing for me.

She told me this is an adventure! We were going to see the vet!
She carried me around, on the streets and into the subway and onto the street again. So much noise in their world! The noise of the buses and the subway trains. Very intimidating.

And, those humans seem to always be in a hurry! Rushing about and bumping into each other. They do not seem to take the time to sniff each other or to show they friendly. As a matter of fact, they seem to show aggression and the others seem to see this as normal. It seemed to be expected. Very strange. Us cats, well, we make sure we show we are friendly towards each other or we show we cannot be intimidated.

I must say, I was happy that my female human had put me in this box. It was scary at first, but once I was settled in, I could look outside and observe the humans in the safety of this box.
Fascinating! They did not have time fore anyone until they saw my box. Then, they would stop whatever they were doing, look at me and say:: Aaahh, isn't he cute!" This of course made me feel good, because I know I am.

Once we got to the building where this vet is located, I saw other cats there and that calmed me down.
But, listening to all those cats complain about meeting this vet, I got very nervous again.

And them of course there were....... dogs! As sat in my box with my hair on end I glared at them. They didn't even seem to notice as they sat around with their tongues hanging out. So uncouth...... keep you tongue in your mouth! Really! This goes to show you how we, as cats, are so graceful and elegant; even when we go see the vet.

No comments:

Post a Comment