Saturday, October 24, 2009

Writers' Block


Living in a modern human world, one gets to be a little bit human. There are human conditions that effect me at times. Now, as a feline writer I sometimes get something called............ "Writers' Block".

The first time it happened I was shocked and very perturbed. I thought I was going mad! What was happening? I could not focus! Was there something wrong with the computer? Maybe keyboard wasn't working properly.

Maybe I should use pen and paper......just like my ancestral feline writers who used feathers of their prey to pen their memoirs.

So, writer's block..........I could not believe it. I have so much to say, but all of a sudden I didn't know what to talk about!

This Writers' Block is actually quite an interesting phenomena. My female human, who is also a writer gets very upset. She paces back and forth muttering to herself, "Man, I've got nothing to say. Nothing to write! I've got nothing, my mind is blank." Unlike her, whose mind goes blank, my mind races, and races!

I want to talk about everything at the same time! I just can't keep up with my thoughts. So, I just calm down, look out through the window and think back to the time of my ancestors. I stare out of the window, sometimes hours on end. I can imagine my ancestors running around the streets filled with horses and buggies, male humans dressed like penguins and female humans wearing beautiful gowns and gorgeous hats with lots of feathers. My ancestors were all very busy chasing birds and squirrels.
Mmmmm, I think Puss-n-Boots was my great, great grandfather!!


All of a sudden, I get pulled back into the modern world when..........voila, a bird flutters past the window, a squirrel scampers up the tree just outside my window or a human rushes down the street. Smiling as the Cheshire cat, I frantically start to write.

I feel very happy that this "Writers' Block does not happen too often, because I've got some interesting adventures to share with you. I have become quite the expert in observing the modern humans in their natural habitat- unusual habits and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment