Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My Birthday Celebration



Yesterday was my Birthday! I apparently turned 1 year old!

Both my humans were wearing colourful, silly pointed hats with “Happy Birthday” written on them. They hugged me and sang Happy Birthday to me, while I sat perched on the window sill wearing a silly hat as well. I could not help but sport a goofy grin.

Birthdays seem to be a human type of special day that I find very amusing.

All and all, the humans I’ve adopted are sweet even though they are a bit eccentric at times.

They presented me with a gift, a ball that I have been playing with all day long. And, they even had a “birthday cake” for me. They brought out a bowl with a special treat of sardines. With one candle stuck right in the middle. Mmmm, sardines! My total favourite food of all time! I can get used to the tradition of the “Birthday” celebrations.

My feline friends and I sometimes gossip about our adopted humans. Some are as lucky as I am, other felines have not been so lucky with their adoption. Somewhere along the line they didn’t get the correct human. They seem to be harder to train and don’t handle my feline friends very well.

I always advise my fellow felines to go along with their humans. Especially if the humans they’ve adopted spoil them. Sometimes a cat’s got to compromise. Yes, I realize that it totally goes against the grain of our personalities but, when your adorable humans do something funny, you just play along, no matter how silly you think it is. Your humans mean well I tell my fellow felines. Humour them!

Anyway, I digress ……………………..

My birthday, when I was not interrupted by loving hugs was actually very busy. I was playing with my new colourful ball, taking naps in the sun and figuring out where I stashed my other toys.

At the end of a busy and tiring day, I went to sleep on my special chair. Dozing off, I thought back on the day’s events. With a goofy grin I thought about how my humans, quirky as they are, treated me sooooo special. My thoughts wandered back to the day I adopted them. Man, I certainly did a great job




1 comment:

  1. Belated birthday greetings, Harley. Sounds like you had a wonderful day. (I envy you your colourful ball.) I hope your second year is equally great for you and your humans.

    ReplyDelete